Monday, March 23, 2009

Stumble Upon

Not very long ago, I was introduced to the most effective way to procrastinate, ever. It is such an effective way to put off things, that you can literally be sitting with it for hours on end. Yep, I've been introduced to the miracle of Stumble Upon.


Wtf? You may ask. Let me explain.

Stumble upon is a way to literally stumble through the internet, all with a press of a button. I am not really sure if you can do it otherwise (though I think you can), but it comes as an add on to firefox. Regardless, I recommend getting firefox if you don't use it already. Then, you go to www.stumbleupon.com and download it for your browser! Voila! You can now select subject you are interested in, and stumble away!!

Why is this relevant to etsy buyers? Because yesterday I decided to try something. Last night I sat here thinking to myself, "What if I add my etsy webpage to stumble upon?"
"That's a great idea!" I answered myself.

I've never added a website to stumble upon, so this was my first try. I clicked the thumbs up, "I like it!" button, and then a pop up came up labeled something along the lines of "my discoveries". You have to fill it out, and there you go!

NOTE: You shouldn't create an account ONLY for the purpose of promoting, because that violates the rules. However, if you are a stumbler and have reviewed and marked websites as favorites before, it shouldn't really be a problem.

Anyway, I woke up today and found that my page views jumped significantly by a couple hundred views, along with a couple new hearts. Usually, I have to advertise like crazy on the etsy forums and whatnot and even then I wouldn't get that far.

And so, I thought I'd share my new discovery with my fellow etsians in the hope that it would help you too! Maybe if we add enough etsy pages to stumble upon, etsy would get more awareness, which would also be good for us...

Hope this helped!!

-peace.

1 comment:

  1. My kids love Stumble Upon. Me - I haven't tried it yet.

    ReplyDelete